Saturday 7 February 2015

Baby Quilt and Big Sister Bunting


 
I did it!
I managed to finish the baby quilt yesterday and braved the icy winds to get some pictures.
This one is a present for a teacher.
 

 
I based the quilt around the lovely elephant fabric which came from Fabric Rehab.  
 

 
The reverse is made from a flannelette sheet as usual.
 

 
The edge is bound with one and a half inch bias strips cut from some pale pink spotty fabric.
 

 
The Big Sister Bunting was made from some of the left over fabric and edged along the top with shop bought bias binding (2cm width).
 As the name suggests, it's for the big sister so that the baby doesn't get all the presents. I think that this maybe something close to my own daughter's heart as she was the one who kindly suggested it!
 

 
And while I was making bunting I whipped up a second row for someone who had a 50th birthday this week because I think that no one is ever too old for bunting!
This time I used some cotton webbing just folded in half along the top and I like the effect and would definitely use it again. It was 2cm width which was just right.
 
Happy weekend.
 

No comments: