Friday 3 April 2015

Two shades of Grey

It's a very grey day here and I have just received a welcome package through the post with some grey yarn (as well as some other colours) for a new cosy blanket that I am starting.
 

 
I decided that one wasn't enough because it is a very popular blanket on our sofa. 
The combination of the treble clusters and straight trebles give the blanket a lovely texture and cosiness that the others don't seem to have and so on these cold days there is a fight for it!
Having chosen to go for a second blanket in the same pattern, a new palette of colours seemed the way to go for a bit of variation. For the original blanket I stuck to Lucy's lovely Cosy Colours and her pattern without a second thought and so this seems a bit scary and could go very wrong!

 I have been playing with some fat quarters which are mainly Kaffe Fassett I think.
This is a sort of mini quilt in progress..
 


I'm not sure what it will end up as but I am planning to give it some hand quilting and embellishment.
 
This one is another plus quilt in the same fabrics with a healthy dose of white.
Again a work in progress with a long way to go.

 
It was the colours in these fabrics that have inspired the new cosy blanket which is not really my usual colours but I am really enjoying them so far.
 
 

No comments: